This video discusses:
• MVC and Model 2
• Architectural Design
• MVC Architecture
• Command Pattern
• Jakarta Struts
• More XML, Less Java!
• Action Mappings
• Struts Flow
• Struts Configuration Files
• JavaBeans in Struts
• Working with Forms
• Presentation Technology
This video is part of the Introduction to Struts course which JSP and Servlet programmers learn how to build “Model-2” web applications using the Jakarta Struts project from Apache. Students will learn how to implement best practices in web application development through the use of the Struts architecture.
Familiarity with Java programming, servlets programming, JSP and JavaBeans; familiarity with Web page development (HTML and XML)
As a result of taking this Introduction to Struts online training, you will be able to:
• Develop and deploy applications to the Struts architecture.
• Use the Struts and JSP tag libraries to declaratively create pages with minimal coding.
• Perform internationalization (il8n) in Struts.
• Perform efficient input validation in Struts.
• Perform advanced configuration in Struts, such as role-based security and chained actions.